The Road to the Driving License
After registering with the driving school, you have to apply for the driving license at the nearest local government office. For this procedure you will need:
- proof of registration from the driving school
- an eyesight test certificate (from any optometrist or oculist)
- a course certificate in "life-saving emergency measures"
- a biometric passport photo
- your passport
If you hold a foreign license, please take along:
- a certified translation of driving license (best done at ADAC)
- driving license
You can start training on the day of registration. Training finishes when the test is successfully completed at the TÜV (the authority responsible for doing the exams).
In the unlikelihood of the practical test having to be repeated, we will NOT reimburse you the basic fee.